Sunday, February 19, 2012

Healthier Pumpkin Banana Bread - 237 calories


My husband informed me that he has gained 6 lbs since I started cooking. I've tried to tell him that is about portion control and not my cooking, but I'm going to attempt to do better with adding some healthy options. Today's attempt...Pumpkin Banana Bread. Pretty good and it has 2 fruits and whole wheat! It's practically like health food!

Pumpkin Banana Bread

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 bananas, mashed
1 cup canned pumpkin pie mix
1/4 canola oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the bananas, pumpkin, oil, eggs and vanilla.
  4. Add the dry ingredients to the banana-pumpkin mixture, and gently fold until combined.
  5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center and comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove bread from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
12 servings - 237 calories (Recipe Calculator)
(6g Fat, 4g Fiber)

2 comments:

  1. If it has fruit, it has to be healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my thinking, plus it has fiber and protein. I love pumpkin stuff.

      Delete