Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Grilled Pineapple & fancy, make your life easier slicer



Ever since I tasted the grilled pineapple at the local Brazilian steakhouse I crave it almost everyday. I am determined to figure out how to do it. If I'm going to be cutting all of those pineapples trying to perfect this, I had to have a super fancy pineapple slicer. Luckily I found one at JCPenney for only $10! It didn't come with directions, only a couple of drawings on the box which didn't make a lot of sense. Thanks to my husband, who can figure out anything, "we" figured out that you cut off the top, place the round part of the slicer on top of the pineapple and simply push down while turning the handle. So easy and so quick! It made perfect spiral pineapple slices. The first attempt wasn't the perfect Brazilian steakhouse recipe but it was a pretty good start.

Grilled Pineapple

Ingredients:
1 pineapple
1 can of coconut milk
1/2 sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Heat grill to medium

Slice pineapple
Mix cinnamon and sugar together
Brush pineapple with coconut milk
Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture

Place on grill for about 2 minutes on each side.

8 servings - Only 92 calories


No comments:

Post a Comment