Monday, February 27, 2012

Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu

This was the easiest chicken cordon bleu I've ever made! Actually, it's the only chicken cordon bleu I've ever made... I was curious where this originated from and in my research came across a whole history of meats page. It even has squirrel! Surprisingly, I haven't seen any squirrel recipes on Pinterest. I actually worked with a guy who ate squirrel. I was sure he was kidding until we gave him a Squirrel Cookbook and saw his face light up when he saw all the new recipes that he couldn't wait to try. I made sure to never eat what he brought to pot luck lunches. Anyway, if the squirrel talk hasn't totally scared you off, this is a really easy recipe that everyone loved.

3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut each in half to make two smaller pieces)
12 slices deli ham
1 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons melted butter
6 slices of Swiss cheese

Lightly grease a 9X13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs and melted butter. Set aside.

Lay the cut chicken breasts in a single layer in the 9X13-inch dish. Layer each chicken breast with two slices of ham and top with Swiss cheese. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top of the chicken.

Bake the chicken for 35 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through completely, the cheese is bubbling and the bread crumbs are golden.

6 servings
396 calories
15.5g fat
0.8g fiber

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure squirrel is something I'll never try. This looks good though!

    I wonder why your posts are all out of order!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally figured out why they are out of order. I started creating them and saving them. As I finished one, I would post it. They post in the order that they are started, not in the order of when you publish it. Now I know...

    ReplyDelete