Friday, March 2, 2012

Lemon Velvet Cream Pie

This is by far the prettiest pie I've ever made! (out of the 3 total ones I've made :) It was really good! Megan has already asked for me to make another one. She practically inhaled the first piece she had. To do the whip cream I used the Pampered Chef Easy Accent Decorator which I've had for years and never actually used. I'm sure I bought it with good intentions, but now that I've used it I'm sure I'm going to be trying to put whip cream on everything.


1 frozen 9" pie crust (because I was too lazy to make my own) - I think I might like it even better with a graham cracker pie crust. I'm going to try that next time.
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
2 tablespoons cold water
6 egg yolks
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup lemon juice
1 pint of whipping cream - 1/4 cup for pie filling (add 1/8-1/
4 cup of sugar to remaining part for topping)
Lemon (optional for garnish)

Bake pie crust as directed

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a small bowl soften gelatin in water for 5 minutes then heat in microwave for 14 seconds; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk.
With an electric mixer, beat on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes.
Mix in gelatin, whipping cream and salt on low speed.
Add lemon juice and beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
Pour into prepared crust (pie will be really full).
Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until center of pie looks set when gently shaken.
Cool on wire rack 1 hour.
Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Top with whipped cream just before serving.

10 servings
398 calories
23g fat

Today's Leopard find: a reusable Leopard snack bag from Amazon for $10.00.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Kind of hated to cut it! Let me know if you need me to come whip cream something! That thing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete