Thursday, March 8, 2012
Blueberry Muffin Cake
½ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
2 tsp. lemon zest
3/4 cup + 3 tablespoons sugar (1 Tbs is for the topping)
1 egg (room temperature)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 cups blueberries
½ cup buttermilk
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cream butter with lemon zest and all of the sugar (except for 1 tablespoon to save for topping) until fluffy.
2. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until blended.
3. Toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of the flour and set aside.
4. Whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture to the batter, alternating with the buttermilk.
6. Fold in the blueberries.
7. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray.
8. Pour batter into pan and sprinkle batter with remaining tablespoon of sugar.
9. Bake for 35-45 minutes. (until a toothpick comes out clean). Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
Follow me on my DEFinitely Leopard Facebook page
Today's Leopard find: Who doesn't need a leopard wine purse??? $29.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond