Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Apple Pie Muffins



Dry Ingredients:
We are started a new system in my house today. It's my mission to get my girls to pick-up after themselves, not leave piles of things ALL over the house, grow up to be self-sufficient and be able to function in the real world like a normal human being.  I figure it takes 21 days to make a habit so in 21 days I hope to be able to report complete success on the first part.  I think I've already taken care of the last two. First up is "Clutter Jail".  I am soooo excited about this.  Them...not so much.  Anyway, on to the cute little muffin..We used to love Betty Crocker's Apple Streusel muffins.  Unfortunately, we haven't been able to find them in years.  These were just as good, but with lots of real apples.  They were delicious!  Of course they look even better in the cute little leopard cupcake liners.  I found these at Bella Cupcake Couture. They have many different ones to choose from, too many unfortunately.




1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
3 cups diced apples, about 3 apples (I used Macintosh)

Topping:

1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
4 T melted butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375
Mix dry ingredients in large mixing bowl, mix wet ingredients and apples in small bowl
Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix well
Mix topping ingredients in small bowl
Grease muffin pan or use liners
Fill each muffin cup and sprinkle topping mix over batter
Bake 25 minutes

Servings: 12
Calories: 319
Fat: 15g
Fiber: 2g

Follow me on my Definitely Leopard Facebook page

Today's Leopard find:
Leopard Rain Boots from The Pyramid Collection


1 comment:

  1. Yummy, that looks mouth watering and worth trying. Thanks for sharing recipe here, need to get the ingredients soon and try this out.

    ReplyDelete