Monday, March 5, 2012

Asian Flank Steak





  Asian steak sounded a little odd to me at first.  It took me years to love Asian food.  I'm not sure what my aversion to it was, but now I love it.  This was a nice twist on an ordinary steak.  I found a great website called Charcoal Bob that lets you enter the type and thickness of meat you are grilling and will tell you the desired time to cook. Unfortunately it didn't work for ours because we have an Infrared Cooker but if you have a charcoal or gas grill this would be a really helpful website.

1/2 cup Sherry
1/4 cup Honey
2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
2 Tablespoons Ground Ginger
2 Tablespoons (3-5 cloves) Minced Garlic
1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
2 Flat Iron Steaks
1/2 cup Soy Sauce





Whisk all ingredients (except steak of course) in a bowl.
Place the steaks and marinade in a Ziploc bag and chill in the refrigerator for 3-6 hours.
Grill steaks on high heat for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare steaks.
Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.

Servings: 8
Calories: 273
Fat: 12g
Fiber: 0.3



1 comment:

  1. Just checking in from FoodBuzz. This sounds really good. I will have to try it! Please feel free to stop by my blog and say hello! http://wineanddinewithus.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete