Sunday, March 11, 2012

Chocolate Chip Lava Cake

I've been so busy cooking lately and trying to get my blog going that Easter has snuck up on me. I always go overboard on holidays. Tomorrow will be the day! Until then, I got out my favorite Easter decoration...my Heavenly Toes Easter plate from when the girls were 2 1/2 years old. Their little feet were painted like chickens. If you have kids, these plates are a must. I have something for every holiday. Brings a smile to my face every time I get them out, sometimes there are a few tears.




Unfortunately, I've never met a dessert I didn't like. I'm not sure what to call this one, but this was the best I could come up with...Chocolate chip lava cake. If you like warm gooey chocolate chip cookies this will be perfect. If not, I'm assuming that just cooking it a little longer would fix that problem.






1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
16 oz. Bakers semi-sweet chocolate squares, coarsely chopped (plus one extra square for shavings if desired)
6 tbsp of Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chocolate chips
Vanilla ice cream (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray ramekins or small oven-safe bowls with cooking spray.
2. Mix butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each. Mix in the vanilla.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture. Mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
3. Divide dough into 12 sections.  Place one section in the bottom of each prepared ramekin.  Place a Tbsp of semi-sweet chocolate chips in the very center of each.  Top with another section of cookie dough and press to seal sides.
4. Cook for 20-25 minutes, depending on size of bowls.

(skipping calories on this one)

Follow my on my DEFinitely Leopard Blog page on Facebook


Today's  Leopard find...Awesome Leopard High Chair from Poshtots.  Now I need a new baby....







1 comment: