Sunday, January 29, 2012

Donut Muffins


Taylor likes normal donuts, Megan likes Dunkin' Donuts. No one ever wants the same thing. I'm not sure how I got so lucky, but I finally found something they both like! They have been asking me to make these every weekend. I think they are much, much better with just the cinnamon.  I've tried several different chocolate icings.  The one to the left is Taylor's favorite (and in the recipe below) the one in the picture below is much prettier though and is more of a glaze.



Donut Muffins
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup milk
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups all-purpose flour

For topping:
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a muffin pan (I used a mini bundt cake pan). Mix up the cup sugar, butter and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add in the milk, baking powder and flour until just combined. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes.


During baking get your cinnamon-sugar topping mixed up. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a small bowl and then in a separate bowl mix together the cinnamon and sugar. When the muffins are done, remove them from the pan. Dip the tops in the melter butter and then roll the entire muffin in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Let cool. (I like to double the topping mixture to allow more room for dipping but it's not really necessary)


Can also dip in chocolate. I think they are much better with the cinnamon mixture but my daughter prefers the chocolate.


CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICING

1 stick butter
1/2 c. cocoa
1/3 c. milk
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla

Melt butter, add cocoa and boil 1 minute. Add vanilla.  Add sugar (slowly) and beat until smooth. Spread while warm.


264 calories without the toppings.

Follow my Definitely Leopard Blog page on Facebook

Today's Leopard Find: Leopard Trash Bags!  from Buy.comhttp://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=221259179

No comments:

Post a Comment